Friday, February 25, 2011

Simplicity

Maida met with the cast and me and offered a few suggestions that were very helpful. I want to incorporate a very realistic base throughout the piece--one that focuses on simplicity and ritual. The basket and the fabric skirts reflect that very honest reality that I want to echo through the piece. I believe I might have a few vignettes throughout the piece that just show ordinary interactions with the art objects the dancers have been working with. This will include running through the fabric, folding them with someone else, passing the baskets amongst each other. I would also like to explore the various ways to wear the fabric. We'll see what is to come.

I like this simple movement a lot. I want to build on it and make this part of the beginning, as well. I think it is very beautiful. 


1 comment:

  1. Kyle, I love this! The way the fabric is placed on the body and how it can be transformed into different things is amazing. I can't wait to see what else you do with them =)

    ReplyDelete