Thursday, February 10, 2011

Exploring New Themes

Tonight, my cast was incredibly productive. We worked a little bit on moving the phrase from Tuesday through the space and into different formations. I think I will exaggerate the beginning of the phrase more through the space before the formations begin to form next week. I like the partnering work and we will work on them further next rehearsal, as well.


I asked this pair to work on a basket phrase on the floor with the idea of a "working woman" in mind. I next asked them to connect it with the "name" phrase they had created a few weeks ago. The transition from new choreography to old was smooth. I am very pleased with this section and can't wait to piece this all together. 





I asked these girls to make some movement using the skirts. I told them they were free to use the material in any form. They could use it as a skirt, a banner, etc. I really like this work and can't wait to see it added to the bigger picture. I really like the interaction between the two dancers; it's like partnering work using a prop. They are connected through the movement of this fabric. It will be quite beautiful under all of the lights. 



This is just some new thematic work. We reworked the last phrase from the past rehearsal. The girls did a lot of the work themselves and I only added small details here and there. 


Randoms, but I like them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment